Applications are CLOSED. Applications will open and be accepted 11/20/23 – 1/3/24 (Extended) by 12:00pm PST!
The APPLY button will load the application, beginning 11/20/23 at 9am PST. This button will appear in top right corner of the page (laptop/desktop view).
Please read disclosures and scroll down for full application.
*Mobile users, select the MENU icon, then APPLY.
*Applications are best completed from a desktop/laptop.
KP LAUNCH strives to positively impact the lives of young adults from backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in health care careers and build a pathway for diverse talent that will become future leaders in health care. This is all part of Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to high quality care and being able to meet the cultural and linguistic needs of Northern California’s increasingly diverse communities.
KP LAUNCH offers summer internship opportunities to students attending high schools located in our Northern California market, community colleges and accredited colleges and universities.
The program goal is to build and sustain a diverse, culturally competent workforce for the future. To achieve that goal, we focus our intern positions on young people that would otherwise lack the resources to explore a career in health. By providing these young people a chance to learn from inspiring health care professionals and leaders, they can build a valuable professional network. They also gain practical skills, professional development, and hands-on work experience by focusing on projects that matter. As part of our team, KP LAUNCH interns are helping Kaiser Permanente shape the future of health.
Summer 2024 Program Dates are as follows:
College – June 10th – August 2nd
High School – June 17th – August 2nd
Please review all eligibility requirements before and during the submission of your application. This application is only for students who have a permanent residence in Northern California.
Applications are for both our High School and College programs. A personal statement and resume will be required to complete your application.
A Personal Statement is required to complete your application, please use the following prompt:
In 750 words or less, tell us about yourself and your goals and include the following:
- Describe the environment in which you were raised – your family, home, neighborhood, or community – and how it influenced the person you are today.
- Describe a challenge you experienced that could impact your educational and/or career goals.
- Why do you want to participate in the internship and how would this benefit you, what makes you a great candidate?
- Prepare your resume and personal statement prior to submitting the application. The application may take 5-10 minutes IF you have those items ready to upload/copy & paste.
- Use an email that you have regular access to and can check often. iCloud email addresses and school email addresses may not deliver or block emails from KP LAUNCH. Use your email that links to your iCloud account or create a free email account from your choice provider.
- Read all questions and disclaimers thoroughly and if you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which program do I apply to? I graduate in May/June from high school and also have taken classes via dual enrollment with a college or university. High School graduating seniors will still apply to the high school program. You are not eligible for the college program until you have graduated and completed one full year at a college or university as a full-time student.
- Do I need a work permit? Applicants do not need a work permit to apply but will be required, if selected, to provide one to KP LAUNCH by June 1st, 2024. If you are graduating in 2024, you will not need to submit a work permit. Details on how to obtain a permit will be provided at a later date.
- I am not vaccinated; can I still apply? Applicants do not need to be vaccinated to apply but will need to be fully vaccinated (which may include boosters) by program start date or receive medical or religious exemption. You cannot request medical or religious exemption until you have been selected to participate and begin the hiring process with Kaiser Permanente.
- My birthday is after June 1st, can I still apply? Applicants to the high school program, must be ages 16-19 by June 1st, 2024. If your 16th birthday is after June 1st, 2024, you are not eligible to participate in next summer’s internship (Summer 2024). You will be eligible to participate in Summer 2025.
- My College/University is on the quarter system, and we complete classes/exams week ending 6/14/2024, can I still apply? Yes, if selected, you must be available by 6/17/24 to start employment, with all hiring requirements completed.